Texas History Forum, “Historic Cemeteries Bus Tour,” to be Held on May 5
The DRT Library will be holding its twenty-fifth Texas History Forum on Saturday, May 5, 2012. Different from previous Forums, this year’s event will feature a guided bus tour of the final resting places of many individuals who made Texas history. We’ll be visiting several historic cemeteries in the area, including:
- City Cemetery No. 1, San Antonio
- Alamo Masonic Cemetery, San Antonio
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows San Antonio Lodge No. 11 Cemetery, San Antonio
- San Antonio National Cemetery, San Antonio
- St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery, San Antonio
- Texas State Cemetery, Austin
Registration is $35 per person, which includes a box lunch to be provided on the bus. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. Reservations will remain open as long as seating is available.
Please note that much of this event will take place outside and require a lot of walking on uneven terrain; casual dress and comfortable shoes are recommended.
See the library’s website to learn more about this year’s Texas History Forum and download a copy of the registration form. Please call (210) 225-1071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about this event.